We are specialists in designing, building, installing, commissioning and maintaining these systems. We focus on heavy industry, especially hazardous areas.
Entec is a market leader with specialised instrumentation and electrical solutions for New Zealand industry.
We specialise in heavy industrial installations in processing and manufacturing, especially in hazardous areas. In particular, we have extensive experience in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Entec has undertaken construction, commissioning and maintenance roles on most production and processing sites, and on the high-pressure gas distribution network all over the North Island.
Strengths and Specialisations
Capacity, skills and experience
Entec’s core I&E team covers a number of crafts and skills, including…
- Industrial electricians
- Instrumentation technicians
- Engineering associates (e.g. project engineering, maintenance planning)
- Instrument fitters
- EEHA inspection (Hazardous Area)
- Light engineering and fabrication
This is supported by a layer of highly experienced supervision and management. Entec provides its projects with the best people, supported by the best management and documentation systems.
Entec is committed to maintaining the highest levels of competency across all of our core crafts. We prioritise on-going training to maintain site-specific and statutory certification requirements. Entec also employs a number of apprentices in the different crafts. We grow our people.
- Electrical installation (industrial)
- Electrical inspection services: Electrical apparatus in explosive atmospheres (EEHA) inspection, both periodic and project.
- Electrical maintenance (industrial)
- Hazardous area installation: Installation, commissioning and maintenance of extra-low and low voltage systems, specialising in explosive atmosphere installations.
- Instrument calibration: IANZ accredited calibrations in electronic, pressure, temperature and autoclave classes. Offered in the field and laboratory, and including client test equipment calibration.
- Instrumentation: Installation, commissioning and maintenance of instrumentation systems, including electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic.
- Process mechanical: Instrument, pneumatic and hydraulic tubing.
- Gas detection: Gas detection system calibration and maintenance.
Process & Control
- Process control: PLC & process control, well-head control system maintenance.
- Control panels: Fabrication of standalone process control modules and local control panels.
- Engineering support services: Engineering associates and technical assistants.
- Project management: Client project management and project engineering.
- Asset management, maintenance system development and critical spares review.
- Specialist mechanical fabrication including process skids for chemical dosing, process analyser packages, rotating machinery oil filtering, sampling and make up.
Get in touch now to learn more about our instrumentation, electrical, pneumatic & control systems…
Entec is an IANZ accredited calibration provider. Entec’s calibration scope is…
- Pipes, hoses, valves and fittings
- Pressure and vacuum measurement
- Temperature measuring equipment
- Temperature controlled enclosures
- Calibrators for instrumentation
- Indicating instruments and recording instruments
- Frequency measurement and time measurement
- Signal sources
Enquire about our calibration services…
Here are some examples of projects our I&E team has been involved in…
- First Gas: Henderson compressor station upgrade.
- Red Stag Timber: Sawmill expansion.
- Pacific T&R: Turpene and rosen processing plant.
- Todd Energy: Mangahewa C wellsite facilities.
- Greymouth Petroleum: GNR project.
- First Gas: Mahoenui controls upgrade.
- Methanex: Meth-2 turnaround.
- TAG Oil: Cheal expansion.
- First Gas: Rotowaro turbine control system upgrade.
- Origin Energy: Kupe MOL sieve upgrade project.
- Todd Energy/CTec: McKee peaker station.
- Methanex: Motonui Meth-1 restart.
- TAG Oil: Sidewinder production station.
- First Gas: Power and earthing survey and remedial work.
- First Gas: Numerous infrastructure and metering upgrade projects.
- Origin/Contact: Ahuroa gas storage (stage 2a).
Entec also provides active maintenance programmes in the oil & gas, power generation, renewable energy and waste water treatment industries.
Get in touch now…